Thursday, September 18, 2008

V I S U A L L A N G U A G E : digital rendering

The two directions I chose for my posters are...

1) Mudra (parody)
2) Lotus flower (allegory)

There was a general consensus during critique that my hands for the mudra poster weren't quite reading as being Asian. It was suggested that I try making them look gold to reference the sculptures. 

Below is a combination of a digital rendering and digitally manipulated cut-paper. This was a great exercise in learning how to use PhotoShop to make objects appear dimensional, however, the huge amount of time and effort was not well spent. 

Lets just be honest... the hands are a bit weird. Period. 


By doing this I have moved too far away from the natural qualities of the materials I'm using. Back to the drawing board... and sewing machine... and stencils... and collaging...

No comments: