Tuesday, September 2, 2008

M U L T I M E D I A E X P E R I E N C E : initial layouts


The above layout provides a quick overview of the articles chosen for the recipient. Article summaries are provided along with navigational links to the website to access the articles in their entirety. 



For this design I developed categories for the different types of information. The categories are travel, manage, and office. The edge contours at the top and bottom are derived from the outline formed by the letters in The New York Times. I wanted to make the name of the news organization most prominent, then followed by the date the news is released. 




In this design I utilized a horizontal navigation. The "header," or landing page, on the far left would be the first thing seen upon opening the email. From this point the reader can select one of the three articles of interest and jump to the article without having to manually navigate. Colors are used to differentiate the articles. I also wanted to emphasize the importance of the date by making it dominant within the masthead. 


No comments: